Now for most of you, a meat pie is something you could eat every day,
if you felt the need to consume what possibly could be the most unhealthy food on the face of the earth.
(read the back of the packet if you're in any doubt)
But to me, a pie is well out of my reach.
On the outside there is the wheat pastry and on the inside flavours and spices, the thickening agent, the msg, the crappy meat, the gravy, you name it - to my gut it's evil in a tiny package.
But the other day, while in Coles, I stumbled across these -
But to me, a pie is well out of my reach.
On the outside there is the wheat pastry and on the inside flavours and spices, the thickening agent, the msg, the crappy meat, the gravy, you name it - to my gut it's evil in a tiny package.
But the other day, while in Coles, I stumbled across these -
gluten free party piesNormally I would walk past as they still have stuff inside them that disagrees with me, but that day I was hungry and *really* felt like a pie.
Imagine my shear delight when I read the ingredients list to find that I *should* be able to eat these little morsels of party delight.
I really really enjoyed them
and at about $1.20 each (for a party pie) you'd want to enjoy them.
(and if you're wondering, no, they didn't upset me... yay!)
2 comments:
Were they in the Patty's range? I have tried to try the hamburger but couldn't get past the soggy feel and the first little bite and it went in the bin.
Yep they were. 2 large pies is over $7.
I'd buy them again - just not every week.
I found my pie maker too, if only I could find some gluten/dairy free pastry I didn't have to make myself
Post a Comment