(If you read SilverCreekSpinner - Mum's blog, this might be just a repeat for you)
While Mum was up I wanted to take G on a ferry ride as she'd been asking to go on a ferry for quite a while. (From where we live we can often see the Rivercats going up and down Parramatta River when we're heading to the shops and Georgie often asks to go on one.)
Our across-the-road-neighbours had been up to Brooklyn baths on one of the hot days we'd had and that made me think of taking a trip on the Hawkesberry River Ferry when Mum was up.
As a little kid I'd spent time holidaying up at my Grandparents place on the Hawkesberry River.
So we decided we'd take an afternoon trip up to catch the ferry and have fish and chips for dinner.
The kids loved it. I think Jamie just loved being out of the pusher. Eventually he got restless and wanted to pat the dog that came on board at Danger Island.
Georgie had her head out the window most the time.
Making sure Jamie didn't fall, or jump, out..jpg)
Coming into Dangar Island.I don't remember it being so luxurious.
.jpg)
Some of the little weekend houses on Dangar Island.(Actually people live all round this place full time now and commute to Sydney for work.)
The train bridge..jpg)
.jpg)
Looking for Jellyfish.-2.jpg)
This is the side that my Grandparent's holiday house was on. I always thought the house was called "Tumbledown" but Mum said it was what the area was known as..jpg)
When we were little Rick and I used to walk down to this brick mansion (which was brand new then and the rest of the water front was a lot more vacant and a little more sea shanty looking) and imagine what was inside. We imagined all kinds of luxury.
And this is where we used to stay... although it didn't look like that. The boat shed is still the same. The enclosed swimming area is gone and although I don't have a clear memory of what the house looked like I can't remember it looking like that.There's also a lot of junk around it now. I hope that means they're doing it up.
No comments:
Post a Comment