Friday, October 24, 2008

So I called up the Captain 'Please bring me my wine'

I just thought I'd share with you some of my new, most favourite, photos.
I took these last Friday, Dan had been back from the States for a few days and the kids were still a little surprised when he arrived home every night.
We had an early dinner this Friday and G just wanted Dan to play on the trampoline with her.
Jem has been growing confident on the trampoline too and he was just happy to be up there giggling with them.
[Jamie has been going through a little separation anxiety so it was a while before I grabbed the camera, I was worried he would just get upset and want to get off and he was enjoying it so much, so I snuck inside while Dan was distracting him. ]

There are a lot of photos :o) I hope you can hear the fun and laughter as you read along.

(PS yes he only has red tshirts :o) he just always seems so photographable when he's wearing red, maybe it brings out the devil in him... what am I saying, that devil doesn't need a red tshirt to make an appearance.)

One of my favourites.
He loved chasing Georgie, crawling round the outside of the trampoline.



Ahh, the hat.
I wore the clown hat outside to get their attention but the hat quickly went back to its favourite owner.
Suits him doesn't it? Maybe that's why I always have him in red - he always has the clown hat on.

It's a hat of many angles. This is his French clown look, oui oui.

Georgie had been at Kindy that Friday and it was dress-up day.
She'd woken up that morning and decided she wasn't going as a witch (that was the plan the night before) and a Princess was simply out of the question. Nope, she'd woken up that morning and decided she was going as a .... butterfly. (The theme was Princesses and Superheros)
We have a lot of dressing up clothes but a butterfly does not feature in that.
So improvising, she decided she'd wear her red fairy butterfly wings and we got the closest we could to having a red body.
She certainly was unique at Kindy and it didn't worry her one bit that everyone else was wearing beautiful big dress up clothes (I even took spares for her) she was her own happy butterfly all day long.







We all have to wear the hat at some stage during the day.
We're not normally allowed to wear it for very long though.
It's kind of a hokey pokey hat, it goes on-off-on-off and shake it all about.



The hat's there.... and then it's gone....

Who took it? The hat thief of course.
Here's the hat thief herself.
Jamie's favourite game for the day.



The hat's back on its favourite head again.
Do you think our education savings fund will work at Clown School?

Father and Son.
(In case you're wondering, this conversation is all about the hat.)
Here G's playing hide-the-hat, she discovered it lasts a little longer than everyone on the trampoline playing hide-and-seek. (Blending in with the mat just didn't work.)
And the leggings were specially chosen by her as butterflies have sparkly legs of course.

Daddy playing toss-the-child with the child that is too big to toss.
You can bounce really high on the mat if Daddy helps and gives the tramp a good bounce too.

And here he is... off the trampoline and back at my legs, wanting to be picked up so he can enjoy the excitement at my level. (He also then grunts out instructions at me - go here, give me that, food Mummy... you get the picture)
My favourite photo, the clown doing his housework before he leaves for the night.






No comments: