Wednesday, October 15, 2008

there's a lady who knows all that glitters is gold...

While she was up visiting, my very clever mother made me a knitting needle holder to store all my needles that were overflowing from their old home.
It's red - of course.
We also went to the second hand shop to fill in some needle gaps.

There's even places for my gadgets and sewing needles.
I managed to knit a pair of slippers (which are just a midge too small, but work well enough) while she was here.
The one on the left is the slipper before oragami is performed and then it's sewn together to resemble the one on the right.

I like their elfin pointy shape.
These were knitted with two strands of 5ply cotton (doubled to make 10ply), on size 6 needles and I followed a pattern from smadrops number 12-41 (http://www.garnstudio.com/) - I did size up for my own tension and the like, not realising first of all, that the pattern was for children's slippers! (I'm not good with European shoe sizes) I ended up using my own calculations and following their pattern roughly (not that hard seeing as it's just knitting squares!).

No comments: