Thursday, July 31, 2008

a real Kodak moment

I wish I could capture it for you... the sun is shining, it's heading to 19 degrees, Cold Chisel is on the radio.
Jamie is asleep and Georgie is out playing in her sandpit enjoying the verandah sunshine.

The sky is one of those blues that is really deserving of a weekend so you can mow the lawn and sit back in the afternoon and just spend hours staring up into it. It's a blue you certainly miss when you live in Europe.

The man on the radio tells me there is a whale down at Bronte, bet it's enjoying the sunshine too.

I am onto my 4th load of washing for the day... yep that's 32kgs today, add that to yesterdays 24kgs and I'm at 56kgs of washing in two days. There's still some in the laundry, though only one more load I'd say. I know you're all fascinated with my washing, I'll keep you posted. And yes, I've nearly folded all the dry stuff.
[Update.. load number 5 is under way - 40kgs of washing, a total of 64kgs - and apart from a bucket full of nappies the laundry is now clear of washing! yay! of course tomorrow I'm going to change the sheets.]

(On a side note.. honey I have no idea how that great *big* branch came off that tree, maybe it was the possums, but doesn't it open the clothes line up to the morning sun????)

(And a second side note, how come I have so much washing, yet the woman next door who has kids roughly the same age as mine, only ever seems to have a miniscule amount of washing on her line? Right now her Mum is in there doing some for her - I'm guessing she's at work, but it's mainly bedding and a few clothes. Do you think they wash it in the bath at night and just hang it up to dry inside? By the position of their laundry I'd know if they used the dryer and I'm pretty sure they don't use it too much.)

I finished the back of G's vest last night, looking forward to starting the front tonight.

Dan's home tonight too.

Jamie has actually started eating again, more than what a sparrow would peck at. Maybe he's getting better... finally.

Anyway that's our update for today. Yep I've got some photos, G enjoying her picnic lunch, the tree's missing branch and the laundry, but it's so beautiful today and to get the photos on here I have to go to the dungeon - ok we don't really have a dungeon but it's the coldest darkest room in the house, and it's too nice just being out in our new living room. So the photos can wait until tomorrow when it's dark and cloudy and I want to remember that spring really is on its way.

No comments: