Monday, July 14, 2008

just an ordinary Monday...

W A R N I N G - The following post contains an obscene amount of photos.
Just an ordinary Monday.
It's 11 o'clock and we've been here already.
Jamie has had lunch and is asleep....
there's this to tidy up...... again
dinner to get ready..
she's playing here

and she's waiting for someone to throw her new ball.
I'm hanging the second load
finally some blue sky and gentle breeze to dry an entire line full.
The washing trolley stops the ball being dropped directly in the basket.

She's still waiting
and she says she's "doing the dusting".
lunch
Time for bubbles.




She ices the rice cookies I made yesterday, while I clean up.
He wakes up.
Nick Jnr goes on
and the kids dance and sing to the music.
He's his sister's biggest fan.

And if she can do it, so can he.
The very noisy saxoflute comes out too






And if she can do it, he can too.

Time for a ride on the bikes.
It's school holidays and the boys across the road are home.
She runs off to play and we play on the front lawn.


Oi... come back! He's quick

"What do you mean it's a girls bike?"
Plane spotting... his most favourite outside activity.
The kids race to our house and round the back.
He and I scoop everything up and head up the back.
We find them inside helping themselves to iceblocks.
He wants one too. He loves iceblocks.
Loves them... really.


7 teeth

The kids are in the sandpit and he wants to be with the boys.
The boys are making a town and road... she is trying to convince them they should all be making a 'sand dinner'.
He wants to be there, not here.

She just keeps putting that ball in the sand.
He is excited to be with the big boys and he loves sand
it's very tasty.
He has found her pencils and crayons on the verandah
and happily demolishes the box
for the next 20 minutes.


So then it's dinner time, bath time, bed time for one, play time for the other.
Cleaning up time for me.
Supper time, teeth time, story time and bed time for the other.
I load up the 400 photos that are on my camera from today and Saturday and begin the culling process.
I want to show them all to you.
The room is cold and I am tired.
I try to pick the good ones, the ones I like, the ones that tell a story, to show you.
I transfer them between computers and sit here trying to keep warm slowly uploading them all to this page.
Now I will check the children and head off to bed.
I'm on duty alone tonight... Dan is in Melbourne and will return tomorrow.
Tired...
and it all starts again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, nice d.o.f in those shots. I specially love the one of close up dog and him in background. lovely! no such thing as an obscene number of photos either!
xo