Friday, July 03, 2009

To the ends of the Earth

It's the Southernmost point of Continental USA... USA mainland. Using "mainland" loosely, after all the bridges and water we drove over to get there.
I'm guessing there's always a queue of people waiting to take photos at this thing.
And I guess the man who offers to take a photo of you with your camera is there a lot of the time as well.
And I'm sure he did it out of the goodness of his heart, and not for the big tip he was hoping the tourists would give him. (He wasn't used for any of these photos, I don't hand my camera to just anyone you know!)
This was the best view from the Southernmost point, right next to where I am standing is a great big metal fence.
There is a lot of naval stuff round the area...

No comments: