Ok, so I haven't even posted photos of her birthday party for this year, but here are a couple from Jemma's party that we went to today.
They went bowling and had fun.
Don't you love the new haircut? She wanted it this short and who am I to disagree seeing as it's so much easier to look after.
It makes her look younger and older all at the same time, but mostly just so darn cute.
She tied for first place at bowling (one of the girls getting a spare on her last go) and was clever with her strategy. She'd bowl the first one free arm....
and then use the ramp to aim her second ball.
And on other matters.. she got another certificate at school the other day.
I was very disappointed that I didn't go to that assembly, there was no prior warning that this certificate was coming, however it was an important one.
The school has adopted a new set of values and are looking to reward this positive behaviour (of course!). Each fortnight concentrates on something different and this last fortnight they were looking at fairness. Each class chooses one person to receive the award that week - well the teacher does anyway, and Georgie received this award for "displaying fairness at all times".
This is not really a surprise to us, her ability to incorporate other children and make sure everyone is having a good time is already well established.
We are very proud of her.. of course! It will be interesting to see what her report card says. She will never be the smartest in her class (I may have already mentioned that one of the boys in her class is very gifted) but it's important to us that she is not simply 'academic'. We're also very impressed that the school rewards more than academics. She is very much blooming at the school.
(And on a side note that I find amusing, there are about 110 kids at the school and hardly every any lost property... why? well most kids can identify someone elses stuff by sight and everything gets returned to everyone. I think that's great. Georgie has even found other people's stuff and made sure it has gone back to them.)
They went bowling and had fun.
Don't you love the new haircut? She wanted it this short and who am I to disagree seeing as it's so much easier to look after.It makes her look younger and older all at the same time, but mostly just so darn cute.
She tied for first place at bowling (one of the girls getting a spare on her last go) and was clever with her strategy. She'd bowl the first one free arm....
and then use the ramp to aim her second ball.
And on other matters.. she got another certificate at school the other day.I was very disappointed that I didn't go to that assembly, there was no prior warning that this certificate was coming, however it was an important one.
The school has adopted a new set of values and are looking to reward this positive behaviour (of course!). Each fortnight concentrates on something different and this last fortnight they were looking at fairness. Each class chooses one person to receive the award that week - well the teacher does anyway, and Georgie received this award for "displaying fairness at all times".
This is not really a surprise to us, her ability to incorporate other children and make sure everyone is having a good time is already well established.
We are very proud of her.. of course! It will be interesting to see what her report card says. She will never be the smartest in her class (I may have already mentioned that one of the boys in her class is very gifted) but it's important to us that she is not simply 'academic'. We're also very impressed that the school rewards more than academics. She is very much blooming at the school.
(And on a side note that I find amusing, there are about 110 kids at the school and hardly every any lost property... why? well most kids can identify someone elses stuff by sight and everything gets returned to everyone. I think that's great. Georgie has even found other people's stuff and made sure it has gone back to them.)
No comments:
Post a Comment