It sounds like the name of a book doesn't it? If I'd had a video camera it would have made a warm-your-heart, have-a-giggle story.
So, everyone (being all those I was travelling with including my daughter) was off watching the Fashion Parade. Not feeling like fighting with a nearly two year old who obviously wasn't going to sit still or be quiet, I decided we'd take a walk.
We'd seen the sheep... and had enough of them, when we saw some tents at the top of a little hill. Hoping it would have something to distract the Boy Wonder I parked the pusher (thank goodness for bush hospitality where no one nicks stuff while your pusher is just parked there) and let the Boy loose.
So here we were, the alpaca sheds. I wondered what he'd make of them.
He loved them....
Not only were these funny creatures, who were quiet and unassuming and not half as scary as some of those big sheep, they had straw all over the ground which he felt the need to pick up and feed back to them.
It was heaven for him.
(Some of the alpacas even got to share Thomas for a while.)



It was a sight to behold. A nearly two year old Boy Wonder running from stall to stall laughing his head off, at not a slight volume I might add, in this particularly quiet and delicate situation.
And with all of this, the alpaca didn't run away, no...... they loved him.
If you can see interest on the face of an alpaca in all these photos it's because they were all fascinated with James.
So much so they came from the backs of their stalls right up the front to see what he was.

And this beautiful alpaca...
He (or maybe she I don't know) kept kissing James on the cheek.
James isn't screaming, he's giggling.

How gorgeous is this? This alpaca would have been happy to baby sit James for the day, I'm sure.
(They weren't one bit interested in me, or Georgie who came up later hoping for the same result. When she didn't get that result she didn't care for the alpacas.)

The fact that pretty much every single alpaca showed an interest in James amused me.
I wish I knew what they were thinking. Here is a loud, brightly coloured fast moving little creature and they all wanted to come and check it out.



These suri alpaca were the least interested, but even they had a good look at him as he walked past.
He, on the other hand, pointed and laughed at them wearing red coats.
And this bunch, the big black one at the front was so amused (s)he went and nudged the little brown one over to come and look. Maybe she was amused at the human little one and wanted her little one to look too.
I think they both would have liked the fences to disappear and I reckon within fifteen minutes they probably would have been playing together like kids do. It was so cute.



He had a wonderful time and thankfully it wore him out a bit.

I'd just like to thank the alpacas for feigning interest in the straw, some even pretending to take it out of his hands, it made his day.






So, everyone (being all those I was travelling with including my daughter) was off watching the Fashion Parade. Not feeling like fighting with a nearly two year old who obviously wasn't going to sit still or be quiet, I decided we'd take a walk.
We'd seen the sheep... and had enough of them, when we saw some tents at the top of a little hill. Hoping it would have something to distract the Boy Wonder I parked the pusher (thank goodness for bush hospitality where no one nicks stuff while your pusher is just parked there) and let the Boy loose.
So here we were, the alpaca sheds. I wondered what he'd make of them.
He loved them....
Not only were these funny creatures, who were quiet and unassuming and not half as scary as some of those big sheep, they had straw all over the ground which he felt the need to pick up and feed back to them. It was heaven for him.
(Some of the alpacas even got to share Thomas for a while.)



It was a sight to behold. A nearly two year old Boy Wonder running from stall to stall laughing his head off, at not a slight volume I might add, in this particularly quiet and delicate situation.
And with all of this, the alpaca didn't run away, no...... they loved him.
If you can see interest on the face of an alpaca in all these photos it's because they were all fascinated with James.
So much so they came from the backs of their stalls right up the front to see what he was.

And this beautiful alpaca...
He (or maybe she I don't know) kept kissing James on the cheek.James isn't screaming, he's giggling.

How gorgeous is this? This alpaca would have been happy to baby sit James for the day, I'm sure.
(They weren't one bit interested in me, or Georgie who came up later hoping for the same result. When she didn't get that result she didn't care for the alpacas.)

The fact that pretty much every single alpaca showed an interest in James amused me.

I wish I knew what they were thinking. Here is a loud, brightly coloured fast moving little creature and they all wanted to come and check it out.


These suri alpaca were the least interested, but even they had a good look at him as he walked past.He, on the other hand, pointed and laughed at them wearing red coats.
And this bunch, the big black one at the front was so amused (s)he went and nudged the little brown one over to come and look. Maybe she was amused at the human little one and wanted her little one to look too.
I think they both would have liked the fences to disappear and I reckon within fifteen minutes they probably would have been playing together like kids do. It was so cute.


He had a wonderful time and thankfully it wore him out a bit.
I'd just like to thank the alpacas for feigning interest in the straw, some even pretending to take it out of his hands, it made his day.





No comments:
Post a Comment