It's the end of March and the mad dash has begun to get the yard cleaned up before we are invaded with an army of four year olds partying and getting mad on sugar and food colouring.
This is actually no mean feat. The yard hasn't had too much tender loving care in close to 12 months. There are still piles of used concrete near the house and where the pergola will go (when the builders actually come back) is a bit rough.
Yet in all of that I was happy to find this. My wonderful old cement laundry tub full of mint. I hear you snigger.. mint, it's growing everywhere here. Well this is no ordinary kind of mint. It's the mint they make peppermint tea from. So once I'd ejected the weeds from here...
As fresh as you can get. Takes a while to brew - ok so the stuff I left in the pot overnight and then reheated is by far the tastiest, but it leaves such a wonderful fresh taste in my mouth. Teamed with a chocolate brownie I am in mint-choc heaven.


No comments:
Post a Comment