Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I don't like to brag.... but

Ok ok so all parents think their child is the .......... [cutest, smartest, fastest, bravest, strongest etc], you fill in the blank. And at times the bragging can just be out and out annoying as their totally biased opinion is a long way from the the truth as the rest of the world sees it BUT I have news for you all. -
Not only is my son incredibly cute, have the most beautiful dark eyes, the funniest little laugh, an outrageous sense of humour and an expanding food connoisseurs pallette he also is showing signs of incredible intelligence, dexterity and gross motor skills.
Don't just take my word for it, even though you know I'd never embellish the truth, I have documentary evidence below.
I found a whole lot of Georgie's old toys that I cleaned up the other day. Both G and J took a special interest in the toy that Jamie has his hand on. Georgie, of course, could work it with expertise, however the most startling thing was yet to happen....

Jamie took one look at it and just started playing with it. Not just bashing it or trying to chew it, but he started trying to put the lids down.



With some amount of precision and forethought.

Well, will you look at that, he did it.

And again for those who weren't watching....


Clever isn't he?


He thinks so.
The funny thing is he can make the easy ones pop back open- like the one where you just push the button (the purple button) and the orange one that you push to the side. The others are slightly more tricky, but being quite mechanically minded (or would that just be being a boofhead) he just hits the top of the lid (like Fonzie on the duke box) and the little animal pops up and his day is complete.
And I am completely impressed.

1 comment:

Tharyn said...

Two smart little cookies on your hands!!

You're going to have your hands full!

(btw. your post title is written a bit strangely!)