I took some photos of the now "spare room" which was once G's room, hence the pink wall, but quickly decided that the most interesting thing in the room is the number of books that we seem to have.
Ok, so there's a bit of "stuff" in it, but it is the spare room/craft room/sort of office/still-some-of-G's-furniture-in room.I love the bookshelves. I'd have some in every room but Dan would pull that face that he does every time I mention it.
The two brown boxes are full of my craft stuff that is ready to be released. (There's a desk in there now.)
My photos, her books. In real life it makes the room look so nice and homely. The kind of room you want to spend time in. It's funny to look back at photos of us in younger years, it seems like yesterday, till you work it out. I have photos of Dan I took 9 years ago.... wow 9 years.The ones closer to you are the "baby books", which still get good use, mainly when she decides to read to James or when she feels like some light reading for herself. The other end has her books and some of my magazines. I think we have a bigger selection of kids books than the West Ryde library, certainly more modern.
If it's all quiet and you're wondering where she is, you can quietly sneak to her room and find her with blush on her eyelids, over her eyebrows, on her cheeks and chin and bright pink lipstick on her lips admiring herself in the mirror.
Gorgeous.
Still full and we've chucked out 3 shelves of books. (Ok, not chucked out as such, my books are prescious so I'm trying to find them all good homes)
Oh and look 3 nice big cupboards to put all my craft stuff in, oh and some office stuff *cough cough* (yes dear it's an office, of course it's the office)
The other side of the room. :o) It looks messier than it possibly is. The ball pit goes on the floor normally. The cupboard has G's clothes in it but will disappear once everything gets back into order.
Oh and if you're wondering where G is sleeping..... up with her brother, and they both love it. (not in the same bed, just the same room. The just seem to enjoy each others company and miss each other when they're apart. Strange I know, but hey, we'll promote while it lasts.)



No comments:
Post a Comment