With the changes to the pergola (technically it's not a pergola because it will have a roof... patio? verandah? outside living room?) going through council (and in case you did want to know, a change to the slope in your patio roof does require all your neighbours to be notified according to Ryde council, even the neighbours across the road from you who can obvioulsly see our back verandah right through our house) we needed something to cover the four and a half metre north facing window at the back of the new room. So I schlepped across to Seaforth with children (and many snacks) loaded into the car, in the hope I could find something better than what's on offer at Spotlight and Lincraft.
The shop there is a decorators heaven. They have lots of remnant bolts of beautiful material and all the current designer stuff at cheaper prices. (The material I like for the bedroom is still $50+ dollars a metre though!!!!!!)
So I came home with 14.7m of material for the back window. (That's a 9m wide curtain I would be bravely sewing) and some Disney Princess material for the room which will become our little Princess's personally colour co-ordinated palatial boudoir. (there's another story for another day, hopefully when the transformation is complete, the pain is over and all looks glamorous)
Ok so back to my curtains. Well here they are hanging at the back window. I still need to hem them, but I'm letting them hang for a while. I'm telling myself they need to go through this process before I hem them, but I have a feeling this will be the hardest part and I am therefore procrastinating.
This butter colour is one of my favourites. I found it really hard to pick material. Personally I might have chosen something reddish but when you've got two little ones who don't really want to be curtain shopping and there are six rooms/shops full of material to choose from you just end up grabbing something, hoping it will be ok. Choosing curtains can be a droll past time. (actually the kids were really good and I took them to Manly for lunch afterwards and it was a really nice day out for us)
Sewing on a barstool is not something I'd recommend to most people, but I just wanted them finished! Actually the big amount of bench space helped.Oh and if you're still reading (are you really that interested in curtains???) They aren't drawn with a cord, I put a wand on the end, and if it's really sunny being in the back room is a little like being on the inside of a banana.

No comments:
Post a Comment