Monday, July 27, 2009

Bendigo

I had every intention of taking lots of photos of the Bendigo Wool and Sheep show.
Two things stood in my way, even though they're both under 4 foot tall.
One in particular spent a lot of time grizzling, which is actually unusual for him. I took all the distractions - food, dvd player, sister. Nothing worked.
He wanted to be out and running around, on the mini Ferris wheel, on the jumping castle, anywhere but in the pusher walking round with me looking all the things that interest Mummy.

So I only got a few photos inside one or two of the sheds. I have quite a few from somewhere else.. but I'm saving them for the next couple of posts.

Here's Mum looking at the wood turning stall.
We were trying to hunt down the man who was making wraps per inch (WPI) measures. This wasn't him, but he did try his hardest to convince me I needed a wooden train. (erm, mate, if only you knew how many wooden trains we have at our house you'd no you had a snowflakes chance of getting me to buy yours.)This stall had Llama. I didn't get a good look, this was shed number 2 I think and James was screaming enough to bring the roof down.
I intended to get back to this stall, I was going to get some llama (maybe) but I didn't make it back to this shed I don't think. (I had to prioritise the sheds I really really wanted to see and dash round them when James had a nap.)
Here he is, looking sweet and angelic.
Ha!
And here's Georgie with something fuzzy Granma bought her... Granma we have not seen this since you bought it so if you track it down can you let us know? ta.
Georgie loved these sheep and wanted me to take their photo with them. One with each sheep.
I am pretty sure James is doing a low level whinge at this point.
She would have happily taken one of these home too. She figured Daddy couldn't say no if it wasn't a real one.
Inside the items on display pavilion.
I thought these miniature sheep were gorgeous.
The wearable winners were in a fashion parade later that Mum said I shouldn't miss.
I thought it was better that they didn't have a two year old bolting up on stage to dance with the 'actors' as Georgie called them, or scream for the whole fashion parade.
I took him elsewhere while the parade was on...

This is a teeny tiny minature spinning wheel, although it's so good you'd think it was a big one.


1 comment:

Beth said...

Can you please airbrush your mother so she doesn't look so painful?