Monday, June 02, 2008

big day today.

well the house is under germ warfare.
The kids have had colds and now they've passed it on.
Mother Nature really has a viscious side to give Mothers with young children colds, especially when you already have two sick kids which in itself generates a whole house full of mess.
Dan didn't go to the office either, as he's getting it too, but he did spend a fair bit of the day working from home.

ok.. so it was a big day anyway.
Georgie is spending her first night in her new bedroom. She's loving it and I'm glad it's finished. I will post some photos of it as soon as possible. I need to pick up a nice little white bedside table and put up her very special Lightning McQueen poster. Oh and we're still hassling Ikea for the cupboard doors. It doesn't sound very finished does it?
It's better than it sounds.
I'm glad we put so much effort into renovating it.

It's hard to describe what it feels like - you'll all have to visit to get the feel of it. It's an old house, with old rooms, but G's room now feels fresh and updated and it really feels like a magical escape for a little girl. I bet she spends a lot of time in there from now on.

... oops nearly forgot the other news. James taught himself how to stand up today. I actually thought he was going to take off doing "proper" crawling... but no he got up on his hands and knees, walked his hands up whatever is closest (me to start with) carefully put his foot on the floor and boosted himself up. He practised this newly found skill all of today and then when he went into his cot tonight and I was rearranging his toys he grinned at me, stood himself up in his cot and started bouncing. Then as Dan and I were standing there giggling at him he did a lap of his cot with a silly grin on his face.
He still crawls like an inch worm, but he gets closer to walking every day.

No comments: