Georgie, James and I went shopping the other day to pick up a few things for "the new house". So we went to Howard's Storage World to get some felt for the bottom of the chairs and I was having a browse at all the interesting storage stuff - you get the picture. Anyway... Georgie was getting bored of this shop and wanted to be in Ikea eating her standard meatballs and chips so she could get down and play in the Smaland (yeah some swedish word that means leave your kids in here with all these Ikea kiddie things and go spend money in the store but don't leave your little kiddies here more than an hour or we, the staff, or other angry parents, will come and hunt you down). So what does the little minx do she says to me "Mummy I need to go to the toilet"... hmmm I'd asked her a little while ago if she needed to go and she'd been dogged in insisting she didn't, but one doesn't hesitate in these circumstances normally. So the conversation went like this -
Me: "Can you hold on till I pay for these or are you desperate and we have to go now"
G: "I can hold on"
Me: "OK let's pay" "All right we've finished now let's go to the toilet" (at which point we are outside the shop)
G: "It's ok Mummy I don't need to go to the toilet now, can we go and get meatballs?"
I tried at this point to make her go to the toilet because I was quite annoyed at the previous conversation and hadn't yet come to appreciate that she has figured out how to get me out of a shop. So I try three times to get her to the toilet and I all but picked her up and took her. She was adament she didn't need to go and wouldn't go anywhere near the toilet.
So we go and get meatballs.
We've paid and she's run back and forth to the little play area and to me again. I'm pushing a sleeping James and trying to pull the tray on a little trolley when she runs over holding on "Mummy I need to go to the toilet, I'm desperate".... arrrggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
Heh!! Jade uses the toilet line to get out of going to bed... "I need to do wees"... then "I need to do poos"...
As you said, you can't go "no, go to bed" - so she knows that this is a way to get out of going to bed when you want her to...
KIDS!! heh
Post a Comment