Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mac'n'Cheese

We're not a pasta eating family.
Dan doesn't like it after a bad experience with spaghetti bolognaise (although a trip to Italy to eat 'real' pasta sort of changed that, he now doesn't mind pasta but only if he's eating it in Italy!) and Georgie has never liked pasta. I don't mind pasta, but like the really fattening filled kind.
Anyway... we were in the shops the other day and the Macoroni Cheese was down at Georgie's level. I was busy looking at something on the other shelf when I heard ...
"Mum, Mum I love this can we have it" and I turn around to find her holding the Mac packet. My jaw hit the floor - this girl just doesn't even do pasta, hardly even the out of the can kind. Against my better judgement (that just isn't a natural colour) I bought it as I needed to see if she was kidding or not.
Well she wasn't, she does like it - even though she doesn't eat much of it, she does actually eat it.
So I thought I'd give some, chopped up, to Jamie.
The chopped up very orangey yellow mac and cheese.

The very happy little boy eating said mac and cheese. Yumm yumm.. more more


He doesn't look happy, but he is, really. Scoffed it very fast. He's not happy being fed left handed by a right handed Mummy who's aiming for his mouth while looking through her camera lense.
A real winner. Now I just have to learn to make it from scratch so it's not so.... erm artificially yellow.

No comments: