Thursday, February 21, 2008

Grandad is the best builder

We were driving home from Woollies today and we often take a back way through West Ryde which takes us past a house that has a lifelike cow standing in its front yard. The cow is often hard to see because they have cars parked in the way and it's behind a lot of roses. However today there was no one home at this house and Georgie got a perfect view... the following conversation ensued.

P: Can you see the cow?
G: Yes I can!!!! wow..
P: Would you like to put a cow in our front yard?
G: Yes..
P: Well we'll have to ask Daddy
G:(without missing a beat) Well Grandad's the best builder.
P:(with a slight inkling of where this might be going but wondering all the same) Do you think Grandad could build one?
G: Yes because Grandad's the best builder... he is very good you know. Last day (translated as a day in the past, normally to mean yesterday but not in this circumstance) he built me a cubby house.
P: Do you like your cubby house?
G: Yes I love it, and I wanted a blue one and Grandad built a blue one. Grandad's the best builder, I have the best cubby house you know Mummy....
(the conversation went on in the back about her good cubby and how good Grandad was at building things and how he knew just what she wanted but at this point I was just chuckling over the idea of Dad building a life size, real looking dairy cow that would then have to take pride of place in the garden - probably back so it could stand and admire the cubby house)

No comments: