[Do you like the new header? Aren't they just the cutest Santas? Georgie checks at every shopping centre now to see if the "pretend Santas" have arrived yet.]
With Spring well and truly under way, I, like it seems, the rest of Sydney, was busy last weekend out in the garden.
I managed to clear one corner, move a plant, put in some seedlings and find a home for a blueberry bush. (Riveting stuff I know, but hopefully one day it will all come together and look spectacular.)
Anyway... some photos.
These flowers are interesting. No idea what they are but I am guessing they are some of the seeds G and I planted in winter. Their stems are quite furry so I thought they were weeds and have pulled the odd one out.
I just noticed their flowers on the weekend. They're quite pretty. We might have had a garden full of them but they keep getting identified as weeds poor things.
I managed to get my "Endless Summer" into a pot. It's living on my back veranda until I clear the front bed for it and it's comrades (who are red/pink hydrangeas and not Endless Summers at all).
Ah and a rose.This is the last of these roses.
The bush grows thorns almost bigger than these roses and I finally decided it had to go.
It's almost a rogue rose. You chop it off and before you've walked out of the garden it's about six foot tall again waving lovely smelling beautiful coloured flowers at you to come pick, if you're brave enough to tackle the thorns.

It's a shame because it's lovely, still, there will be others.

1 comment:
Nigelia or love in the mist is its common name Pen Maree
Post a Comment