Tuesday, May 06, 2008

a little touch of Paradise

[ W A R N I N G - This post contains a lot of photos. Many of which may induce a feeling of envy, and possibly boredom once you start on the ones with James in them... read on at your own peril]




This was last night's sunset over the infinity pool.


We had a welcome party last night that was really nice.


And a H U G E buffet.


I avoided most things that were too hot. They even put spice in their coffee and hot chocolate! Oh and they had some Mexican candies and when I bit into one I had to go running for water it was so spicy. They even put chilli on the pineapple.


Here's the Aussie contingent.

From the left it's YS and Yvette, Brett and Peta and Dan (missing are me and James of course)




The infinity pool at sunrise.
I got up at 6.30 this morning (Monday) hoping for some nice sunrise pictures. I learnt three things.
1. The sun doesn't really rise till well after 7am
2. Sunrise pictures aren't particularly spectacular around here
3. I wish I had my tripod


These bushes border most of the paths we walk along. Kind of a Hawaiian feel aren't they?




When I got back to the room I found this young man lying, surrounded by pillows, enjoying his father's bed. Paradise for him too.


Tilt your head slightly to look at this one. Ok I didn't straighten it. I loaded the (roughly) 300 photos I've taken in the last two days, onto the computer today and started working on them. I know I still should have straightened it. I will, I promise.

Anyway it's the hall down to the boutiques.



And here's the little man eyeing off the end of this bench. (There's another head at the other end too, he really liked them.)




It's easy to be this cute in the tropics!

Here he is in front of a very large rock pool.




Dan went to a work funciton tonight. They've gone on a boat out to an island to have a very Mexican dinner. I didn't go as James would have to be baby sat and I would be too far away if there was a problem.

So James took me to dinner instead. He picked the view... nice hey? He also ordered me a cheesecake for dessert that was to die for. Seriously one of the best cheesecake I've ever had, nice and light. I had a lovely beetroot and goats cheese salad and he had some steamed vegies, although he wishes he'd chosen the plate of fruit he's been used to having.



More view.


Sunset tonight (Monday). I'll let the photos speak for themselves.













Lots and lots of photos of James to follow!
So Jamie, are you enjoying it here?


You are? Is it the food? All that tropical fruit? Or the pools to play in? Or is the fact that everyone staying in the complex and all the staff stop and chat to you and tell you how absolutely cute you are? And then you smile, laugh and play coy with them and they can't leave you alone. hmmmmm.

Are you missing Georgie? What do you mean Georgie who?

Just chilling out.

He was highly amused by the fact I'd hidden his toes.





Let me have that thing Mummy.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What can one say???? Yes hes sooooo cute, you are one lucky mum. Just remember the ones left behind, with the head cold after I had the flu shot. Is there a connection? See you when you get home MM