Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Watch out world....

.... here he comes!


First of all he started by hanging onto the table.




So what's it like being up here with the big people?



That good hey?


And what are you looking forward to doing once you no longer need Mummy's fingers to guide you round the living room?

Oh really, that much fun with your sister.

hmmmm. I'm looking forward to that too.



Once he was up and balancing he spent Sunday going round and round the table.



By Monday his balance had improved greatly and he was walking round the table only holding on with one hand.


By Tuesday he'd graduated to making his way across the living room via pieces of furniture. I was busily working in the kitchen when this little smiling face popped round the corner of the lounge.


He's not confident enough to use the (new) walker on the wooden floor, it slides a bit, and also he has to take a number because his sister uses it as a shopping trolley and little scooter. He's not too bad with it on the carpet. But the best walker he has is Mummy and her pointy fingers. Oh well.


I always thought people who said their babies walked before they were one simply pushed their babies to do this. But I can honestly say all this get up and go is completely on James behalf. (He is still only 9 months old)


If I had my way he'd sit on the carpet quietly playing with all the toys. Now I'm on fluff/small toy/things that look yummy to a nine month old but really came off someone's shoe patrol every morning.


With all this moving around his pants have become a little big round the middle. Lucky him!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pen, I walked at nine months. My dad used to prop me against the wall, and walk away, usually, my bum would hit the floor and I would crawl after him, but one day I just walked away from the wall all by myself. Our Alice, now 26 also walked at nine months with loads of encouragement from use all, much to her mother's disgust. Put a couple of Sydney phone books in the walker, they are heavy enough to slow it down when on the floor boards. Bye MM