Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I hate cleaning the shower

... as most people do I would guess.
If I don't end up covered in water then I end up full of allergic reaction to even the most mild cleaners.

Well the other day I found a shower cleaning tip so I thought I'd give it a go and let you know how it went.

Clean your shower with shampoo.
Hmm... all right. The logic is that the soap and the shampoo (etc) in your shower is what made it scummy in the first place, so it will clean it too. Fair enough.

I found a bottle with a little left over shampoo (cheap shampoo works just as well as sacrificing the expensive stuff) and I got one of the non-scratch scourers from the kitchen (a clean one) and while I was leaving my conditioner in I soaped up the shower.

Actually it wasn't hard to do and the kids have got me right into making things as bubbly as possible. Bubbles = fun and shampoo bubbles really well.

The result? With about 2 minutes work my glass shower screen and all the white tiles are absolutely gleaming.

I'm going to try cleaning the bath ring (the bane of my existence, my kids must be so incredibly dirty) with the hypoallergenic bath wash I use for the kids. In fact they'll probably both do the hard work and I'll finish off the spots they miss. I'll let you know how that goes too.

In the mean time, shampoo + scourer = sparkling shower.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I suggest you need to re-think the bane of your existence to the things your Chinese daughter Jow-ja drops all over the floor, right through the house, every room, teeny, tiny pieces of Jow-ja-junk!