Saturday, August 22, 2009

Chinese Names

This morning while I was upstairs I heard the following conversation...

G: Dad, what's my Chinese name
D: What do you mean what's your Chinese name?
G: You know, my Chinese name
D: You don't have one
G: Anne and Carla do
D: Anne and Carla are chinese, that's why they have Chinese names
G: Well what's mine?
D: You're not Chinese you don't have one

(I thought that was the end of the conversation as it went quiet but then...)

G: You can call me Jow-Ja (you have to say that exactly as written)
D: trying not to laugh "Jow-Ja"... as in Curious Jowj (Curious George.. but you have to listen to the theme song, they say George with a very strong American accent)

I am highly amused. It would probablly be spelt Xiou-Xa or something like that.. would love to know what it translates to. It should translate to Little Smartypants. :o)

No comments: