I've been feeling guilty for not getting the photos of the trip to the US up on here.
This mainly has to do with the ear infection that I still have. An MRI showed I have extensive infection sitting between my skull bone and my ear drum - I'm on *more* antibiotics and I'm going to have a hearing test in two weeks, my hearing is 80 -90% of what it was and just terrible in noisy situations.
So the ear infection has almost wiped the trip from my memory. Well not quite, but I am still feeling run down fighting the infection so I haven't felt like sitting and editing photos.
I moved them to the lap top so I can sit in the warm lounge room and work, or grab a spare minute while I'm working in the kitchen, so hopefully I'll get a few posted.
So this is Miami.
While we stayed further out in Miami and found some good shopping, we thought we should visit Miami Beach and see what it was like.
I think we were a little disappointed. Why? Well I guess we expected a hustling bustling beach front city - maybe something more like Manly or Bondi, and although some of the buildings reminded me of Bondi, overall it seemed a little lacking in shops and nice places to wonder in and out of. There were lots of restaurants (with lots of spruikers).
Maybe we were just in the wrong place, who knows. We did drive round a bit and didn't really see what we were looking for.
The buildings were very art deco.

We were a little later to lunch (1ish) and one of the ploys they have is to offer you two meals for the price of one - which is good because they hike up the price of one meal!
It also seems the thing to drink margaritas that come in glasses the size of a small jacuzzi and seem to have enough colouring in them to knock out a small elephant. (Wish I had taken a photo but I felt very self conscious waving my camera everywhere)
I did get a photo of Dan eating lunch. Across the road is the beach.
I have no idea what sort of tree this leaf came from, but I did see a few of them beside the ocean. I love the roundness of the leaves and the redness.
This is the tree it came from (riveting stuff I know, but everyone seemed to have their photo taken under this tree).
This is a bit more like it! Palm trees, white sand. This is the tempting pre-beach area.

It's kind of got a Gold Coast feel to it doesn't it?
A million miles away from the city behind it.
Yes, it was a nice as it looks and the water was warm.


The Miami version of a seagull - instead of saying 'mate, mate, mate mate' (see Finding Nemo for seagull reference) they say 'dude, dude, dude'.
Love the line of 'trash cans' on the beach.

Not game to ask how much property on this beach front costs.
That water was nice. We didn't take our swimmers with us, unfortunately, because we could have easily gone for a swim in this nice warm water.
My foot + the North Atlantic Ocean.
Dan taking a photo of me taking a photo of my foot and the ocean.


Right now I'd happily be back on that beach! Not just because it was nice and warm and the skies a lovely blue but there was a really really nice yarn shop that Dan drove me to (sorry I didn't know it was *that* far away, but I got some great Llama, wool+silk and some yummy green Malabrigo!).
This mainly has to do with the ear infection that I still have. An MRI showed I have extensive infection sitting between my skull bone and my ear drum - I'm on *more* antibiotics and I'm going to have a hearing test in two weeks, my hearing is 80 -90% of what it was and just terrible in noisy situations.
So the ear infection has almost wiped the trip from my memory. Well not quite, but I am still feeling run down fighting the infection so I haven't felt like sitting and editing photos.
I moved them to the lap top so I can sit in the warm lounge room and work, or grab a spare minute while I'm working in the kitchen, so hopefully I'll get a few posted.
So this is Miami.
While we stayed further out in Miami and found some good shopping, we thought we should visit Miami Beach and see what it was like.
I think we were a little disappointed. Why? Well I guess we expected a hustling bustling beach front city - maybe something more like Manly or Bondi, and although some of the buildings reminded me of Bondi, overall it seemed a little lacking in shops and nice places to wonder in and out of. There were lots of restaurants (with lots of spruikers).
Maybe we were just in the wrong place, who knows. We did drive round a bit and didn't really see what we were looking for.
The buildings were very art deco.

We were a little later to lunch (1ish) and one of the ploys they have is to offer you two meals for the price of one - which is good because they hike up the price of one meal!
It also seems the thing to drink margaritas that come in glasses the size of a small jacuzzi and seem to have enough colouring in them to knock out a small elephant. (Wish I had taken a photo but I felt very self conscious waving my camera everywhere)
I did get a photo of Dan eating lunch. Across the road is the beach.
I have no idea what sort of tree this leaf came from, but I did see a few of them beside the ocean. I love the roundness of the leaves and the redness.
This is the tree it came from (riveting stuff I know, but everyone seemed to have their photo taken under this tree).
This is a bit more like it! Palm trees, white sand. This is the tempting pre-beach area.
It's kind of got a Gold Coast feel to it doesn't it?
A million miles away from the city behind it.
Yes, it was a nice as it looks and the water was warm.

The Miami version of a seagull - instead of saying 'mate, mate, mate mate' (see Finding Nemo for seagull reference) they say 'dude, dude, dude'.
Love the line of 'trash cans' on the beach.
Not game to ask how much property on this beach front costs.
That water was nice. We didn't take our swimmers with us, unfortunately, because we could have easily gone for a swim in this nice warm water.
My foot + the North Atlantic Ocean.
Dan taking a photo of me taking a photo of my foot and the ocean.


Right now I'd happily be back on that beach! Not just because it was nice and warm and the skies a lovely blue but there was a really really nice yarn shop that Dan drove me to (sorry I didn't know it was *that* far away, but I got some great Llama, wool+silk and some yummy green Malabrigo!).
No comments:
Post a Comment