Wednesday, December 03, 2008

What a busy weekend..

Last weekend was flat out round here. (Actually it was the last weekend in November, been too busy to finish this entry..... sorry.)

Parties always seem to mean absolute chaos and this weekend was no exception.

Part of it is you're always working to a deadline and never seem to leave enough time to do things, and the other part... well in this case it was having two children underfoot and one husband away travelling. It all came off very well, but that's for another post.

Back to the weekend.

We went to yum cha with Dan's parents for Saturday lunch, but just before that we popped up to the car dealer and Dan bought me a new car.

Just like that? Well, no, but it sounds good doesn't it?

The important thing... it's red, the rest, well you'll have to wait till I get it.

So anyway, yum cha for lunch. The kids like it so they sat and ate, for a while anyway. And I choose to forget what they were like at the car dealership - buying cars is not fun for little kids (or Mummies really).

Post lunch Dan took off to buy a new bbq table and I went home with only Jamie in tow, to tidy up.

At this point I'd like to say long story short, but it's a bit late for that. The table and chairs didn't fit in Dan's car for one trip so he spent the afternoon driving to Castle Hill and back. (Won't happen in the new car).


Where was I? no idea... :o) that's a bit what the day felt like too. There were a million other things that seemed to happen that day, including making a lot of the food as Georgie had a party go to the next morning (I got up at 6am to finish salads and then take her to the party) but as I said before Sunday was a good day.

Anyway, here are some shots of the new table. [Post party]




1 comment:

Beth said...

Nice table, not too big to still have play space on rainy days.