They've been working on Fairy Tales at Kindy and this particular week it was the story of the Gingerbread Man.So I lent Kindy my Gingerbread man cutters and one day we had these lovely men to take home, however the story goes something like this.
G - Mummy I made one for me and one for Jamie.
M- That's really nice of you I'm sure he'll like it.
G - There's no ginger (she knows I can't eat ginger). I made it with marshmallow rollerskates for shoes (which weren't there and caused us no end of stress and discussion later)
M- That's lovely sweety but you've done such hard work you can eat it.
Then on the way out of kindy we were walking with one of her friends whose name is also Jamie and who has a little sister Isabel.
G - Jamie did you get your Gingerbread Man?
J - Yes
G - Did you make one for Isabel? I made one for my little brother Jamie, Jamie. :o))
J - No, why would I do that?
G - *looking at Jamie's little sister with a very sad and concerned expression on her face* Jamie you should have made one for your little sister. I made one for my little brother because he would like it. I love my brother, don't you love your sister?
J - looked at Georgie like she was from another planet then turned and walked away.
And Jamie did like it, in fact she took one bight and decided it was "too spicey" he just ate them with out complaining... well he did find it fun to chuck bits on the floor.
No comments:
Post a Comment