Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Do you enjoy vacuuming?

Do you really really enjoy vacuuming? If you don't, you need my vacuum cleaner.

Once upon a time it was a boring household chore that I pretty much detested because getting the old vacuum cleaner out was annoying, as was packing it up and trying to find a space for it.

Now I vacuum every day, sometimes twice or even three times a day... why the sudden change? Well my old vacuum blew up, literally, there were sparks and smoke flying from the handle. Yep my kids make sooo much mess that it eventually blew up the vacuum cleaner. So Dan bought me a new one.

[insert Star Wars theme here]
I am now the proud owner of a Dyson DC23.
And my opinion? I love love love it. I love it more than you should love a vacuum cleaner.
I had a Dyson before, but technology has come so far since my last one.
This one has an air blown power head - we have wool burber carpet so there was no way I was putting the big powerful power head this model can come with, over it. I am very happy with the strength of the little air blown head. It's probably as powerful as our last power head anyway.

Every day this vacuum shows me something new that makes me want to call Dan and say "Wow guess what the vacuum just did", but he's on a secret recon mission in Darwin so I can't.

The first time was the little attachment to clean up the stairs. It makes the job *so* easy. I love it. My least favourite vacuuming job is now a breeze.

And now today I just put on the hard floor attachment. I haven't bothered I didn't think it would make any difference. Well it does and it to is in a league of it's own.

The thing packs away pretty small too and now has its own little house under the stairs where it can stay permanently plugged in so I can just whip it out and zoom around our living area.

If you didn't get it, I love my new Dyson and now I love vacuuming.
(James loves it too, he crawls up to it while it's going and sits with his hand on it.)

I know, you're all out there shaking your heads and thinking I should get out a little more.

No comments: