You can't go down to The Farm at this time of year and not expect to wear at least 6 or 7 layers of clothes.
We normally always forget this as it's starting to warm up a little in Sydney... ok warm up a lot compared to down there.
So here's Jamie in a little vest I knitted for him the week before we left (yes, in the week that Dan was away travelling to Darwin I managed to hold down the fort, post some photos for you, keep the house clean and the kids fed *and* knit a vest.. unfortunately I didn't get the hat finished but still!)
He also has on one of Tim's old jumpers, a long sleeve tshirt, a singlet, some overalls, a pair of sox and his sisters bed socks over the top of them.
It's a fashion statement that's for sure.
All he needs now is a hat.... I wonder where it is.
We all went down the back and Granma and I looked in the storage container to discover a plethora of books (yes her hoarding does come in handy... I only brought back ONE boxful, but they are certainly proving that some things are worth hoarding)Georgie, like pretty much all kids who come to the farm, loves to put sticks and leaves (and rocks) into DoubleT creek and watch them come racing out the other side. "Pooh Sticks" :o) it's interesting to ask her about the journey of the rocks. :o))))
Getting a closer look.
They breed their sticks big down there... she's in heaven, she spends all her spare time collecting the tiny little sticks she can find on our street, some of the sticks down there were branches off trees. She had very feasible plans on how to move them involving trolleys and saws even.
and look... there's Jamie's hat.
That's Double T creek and one of the sheds behind me, perhaps you can just start to see the icicles forming on my nose?
No comments:
Post a Comment