Monday, April 21, 2008

a golden ginger cat for Azra


One morning, before kindy, Georgie came and brought me this lovely picture of, in her words, "a golden ginger cat for Azra (her teacher) because she likes golden ginger ones".
(I have to admit I *accidently* forgot to take it to kindy because i liked it.)
I have figured out some of her letters are coming out unusually as Azra is German and has a distinct European style to her lettering. This became very apparent when I was watching Azra teach G to write cat in class, her a's are a circle with a stick touching at an angle.... in fact the a in Georgie's version of "cat" is just a slight exageration of Azra's.
Oh and she often leaves letters out of her name - Georgia is a longer name than you think for a little kid, with some complicated letters. Still she gives it a go, and in her own mind as she's sounding it out she's written all the letters. (In her mind if she's sort of got most of the letters there are other craft projects to move on to!)
Anyway I love all the cat pictures coming out lately. I'm sure I'm going to have a framed series on the wall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it Pen, shes so good a drawing MM

Anonymous said...

Hi Pen, how is everything going in Hawaii. Dad