Between November and December Jamie lost a lot of weight - well he weighed 400 grams less in the middle of December than he did at the beginning of November. He was a skinny little thing, his skin was starting to sag and you could feel and see all his ribs.
I believed he was hungry, that he hadn't been feeding well for a time and wanted to eat solid food, but he was only young and you're encouraged not to give them solids till 6 months.
It all got too much just before Christmas, work had been very hectic with me trying to close off a company and having lots of meetings, James doing a lot of screaming and not much sleeping. I weighed him on the work scales and realised I needed to see someone about it. Thankfully we got to see Margot, who is a very practical Scottish baby nurse who told me pretty quickly that, exactly as I thought, he's hungry!!! So we agreed to add a bottle to every feed and start some solids because he was nearly five months old.
Well Jamie was so greatful to get the bottle and I guess because he's been so hungry he is still finding it hard to fill up two weeks later. But we got back our very happy settled little boy, who started to put on some weight.
Jamie has taken to solid food like a duck to water - he loves it. In fact we can't eat around him or he yells for his fair share. He really enjoys solid food and is very happy to feed himself already as you can see by the picture below.



No comments:
Post a Comment