Way back in October we had the school "Market Day".
We have a tiny school, so fundraising is not always easier. We are surrounded by much bigger schools and our tiny little school is tucked away from main roads and lots of traffic so getting passers by in isn't easy either.
Anyway... we have a market day to help the P&C raise funds for whatever the P&C raises funds for.
I got involved this year and volunteered the fairy floss machine that resides at Mum and Dad's as well as suggesting a 'Lucky Jar' stall. I also spend most of the year collecting things for the white elephant stall as I clear out. I was looking forward to the Market Day to clear out my dining room and some of my garage.
Here are some of the jars sitting on my bench ready to be 'luckied up'.
and the stuff to go in the jars.
I also made up a stack of lollies in cups.
On the day the helpers all wear "school blue" tshirts.
The bbq is one of the main affairs.
And the white elephant stall.
The kids ran a stall making apple slinkies.
Here's Quin demonstrating.
And the Year 6 girls ran a beauty salon... very popular.
There was the coloured hair spray,
and the nail polish.
(Georgie came back with each hand being painted a different colour.)
Face painting - and both the kids got their face painted, surprisingly I'm told James sat incredibly still and had quite a lot of his face painted.
The lucky jar stall. It did really well too.
And me making fairy floss. Mum helped as well, but next year we might get a few more volunteers to take over and a wind guard.
It was an exceptionally day as well. We were in the shade but a little far away from the action. Still, we did all right.
And here's James.
I forgot to take a photo while he still had all of his face paint on, but you get the picture, he was a cute little puppy.



Woof!
We have a tiny school, so fundraising is not always easier. We are surrounded by much bigger schools and our tiny little school is tucked away from main roads and lots of traffic so getting passers by in isn't easy either.
Anyway... we have a market day to help the P&C raise funds for whatever the P&C raises funds for.
I got involved this year and volunteered the fairy floss machine that resides at Mum and Dad's as well as suggesting a 'Lucky Jar' stall. I also spend most of the year collecting things for the white elephant stall as I clear out. I was looking forward to the Market Day to clear out my dining room and some of my garage.
Here are some of the jars sitting on my bench ready to be 'luckied up'.
and the stuff to go in the jars.
I also made up a stack of lollies in cups.
On the day the helpers all wear "school blue" tshirts.The bbq is one of the main affairs.
And the white elephant stall.
The kids ran a stall making apple slinkies.
Here's Quin demonstrating.
And the Year 6 girls ran a beauty salon... very popular.There was the coloured hair spray,
and the nail polish.(Georgie came back with each hand being painted a different colour.)
Face painting - and both the kids got their face painted, surprisingly I'm told James sat incredibly still and had quite a lot of his face painted.
The lucky jar stall. It did really well too.
And me making fairy floss. Mum helped as well, but next year we might get a few more volunteers to take over and a wind guard.It was an exceptionally day as well. We were in the shade but a little far away from the action. Still, we did all right.
And here's James.I forgot to take a photo while he still had all of his face paint on, but you get the picture, he was a cute little puppy.



Woof!
No comments:
Post a Comment