Saturday, October 31, 2009

twenTEEfirst

At the beginning of October my baby brother turned 21. (That makes me what, about 25 I think. ;oD)
There was a big party on the farm with a T theme (the invite asked us to come dressed in something T)... although it was October, it was pretty cold down there.
So here are some photos of the main event.

(Georgie came as, no prize for guessing, her favourite thing, a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. She has an orange mask somewhere.
Dan was a Timelord - good excuse for a big coat.
I was wearing a tea towel skirt - that I'd finished only that morning before we drove down.
James came decked out in Thomas the Tank Engine clothes - he had a Thomas costume but didn't want to wear it that night.)




Rick (who had come from Canada with his new fiancee Peggy) came as baby Tim.

He's posing just like her and for extra effect he has a Thomas in one hand and a Percy in the other.
Peggy came as Tim-kerbell.
The man himself, complete with green turtle make-up.
One of his childhood heroes I think.

He's actually wearing a turtle costume the same size as Georgie's, so some modifications were needed!

Rick and Peggy... or baby Tim and grown up Tim, depending upon how you look at it.
Maree (who came as Tom O'Toole - the owner of the Beechworth Bakery) and Mum (who came as the Tooth Fairy).
Maree + Mum + Liz (who was adorned in a tape measure).
My tea towel skirt. (And off the topic a little it was about 34 degrees as we were coming out of Sydney on the Thursday of the party, but I'd been talking to Mum and she said they'd had the fire on every day down there, so when I raced up to the shops to grab some last minute things I happened on a couple of winter tops left over in the sales. I grabbed them and was very grateful. I'm wearing one here.)
Me and the scary turtle.
Tim's friends listening to the speaches.

Tim - less the green makeup.

Tim watching me and Rick tell all the stories he didn't want us to.

His name is Tim and he's true blue,
He's a .............
yes well, this is Tim skulling the third of his birthday beers.
Dad, Tim, Tina Turner (Tim's friend Timmo, yep scary isn't it?) and Mum.
Pez, Dad, Timmy, Timmo and Mum.



No comments: