Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Tooth Fairy visits

Georgie has had two wobbly front teeth for a while now.
Knowing how she can be with scratching we discouraged her wiggling the teeth, they'd come out when they were ready. This philosophy, of course, back fired. When it came down to the last few days she wouldn't let us help her get the tooth out no matter what.
So she was left eating soup and sloppy meals for a few days.

Tuesday evening the tooth was hanging on by a thread, so I got her to push through the pain barrier for a few seconds (I'll count and you push your tooth until I stop - it came out at about three) and voila, we have our first tooth ready for the Tooth Fairy.


I had asked her, when her tooth first became loose, if she'd like me to make her a special little bag to keep her teeth for the Tooth Fairy, but as the other kids put theirs in a glass of water she said she wanted to too.

When it came to getting a glass of water to put the tooth in she seemed reluctant - but Granma had a solution, put the tooth in the tiny (and I mean tiny, it's about the size of a twenty cent piece) purse she's been carrying in her school bag in case her tooth fell out at school. She liked that idea.

We put the little purse above her head, on the bed-head and they both went to sleep so the Tooth Fairy could do her business.


Well the Tooth Fairy managed to remember to visit us last night (thankfully) and she left a lovely shiny two dollar coin in a trail of fairy dust.
I know this as I was woken by "Mummy, Mummy, she's been, she's been, can I go and show Granma?" at 6.30am (only an hour after Dan left for the airport).
There was lots of excitement, although she didn't see the fairy dust at first (well it was fairly dark at that time this morning) but when she found it she was extra excited and told me it was to make a wish with.
Her favourite party trick at the moment is sticking her tongue through the hole - of course.
The tooth next to it is loose too so I imagine that before Christmas both will be out and I'll be wishing for her front teeth for Christmas - which reminds me, she went to bed tonight telling me that when she woke up tomorrow she'd have a new tooth there... erm, not for quite a while looking at what's there, or not.

Oh, and what does she want to spend her $2 on? Well the Life Education van has been visiting at school and she wants to buy something with "Healthy Harold" on it.
(I think we might have to lose that order form.)

No comments: