We're off to the US on the 1st of April.
On the new A380 - with Qantas. Business class, yay! I think Dan's booked us in up in the top part. (I'm sure after this trip I'm not going to want to fly cattle ever again, but who wants to fly cattle anyway?) We'll know another couple on the flight so for the first and last time we'll be able to use the phones they have to call other passengers.
Anyway we've been making all the plans, looking at itineraries and the like and then Dan pulled the passports out the other day, mine expires in June. So I've just raced in today to collect my 'process in 2 days' passport. Amazingly I ran into two Mums I know while I was at the passport office in the City. I don't even run into people in the Supermarket.
The kids are staying at home this time round (it's going to take us 30 hours to get to Miami, it's too much for them) and even though we're going to Florida, we thought we'd take them to Disneyland when they're both big enough to appreciate it. Dan's work actively discourages kids at these functions so it all would have been difficult anyway.
We're flying Sydney - LA - Miami... hiring a car and having a look round the area for a couple of days and then we're going into the function at Naples. (Naples is opposite Ft Lauderdale.)
View Larger Map
We're staying at the Ritz Carlton in Naples. Nice. The itinerary allows us plenty of time to explore Naples itself and work has organised some activities of which we've chosen to go have a look at the Everglades and go 'Eco-shelling' (we'll let you know what that is once we've done it).
The weather is not going to be as hot as we expected - kind of Sydney now temps.
From Naples we're flying to New York for a couple of days of R&R (I would say shopping but have you seen the exchange rate?) and then New York - LA - Sydney.
Only a couple of weeks to go now....
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment