Saturday, January 31, 2009

Post school briefing

When I picked G up on Friday it was hot, all the other kids came out the door and down the stairs looking hot and exhausted, ready to go home and crash into bed, then my little girl bounded out the door, and I do mean bounded. She was like a rubber ball bouncing off the walls.

Down the stairs she ran and across to us "Mummy I had a grrrreat day, I got to use glue with my fingers, do messy colouring and play sport.. blah, blah, blah, blah" and trust me the "blah" did not stop until she went to bed many hours later.
So school, you disappoint me. Everyone promised me she'd be exhausted, even just after two days, but school you've met your match in G, she arrived home with more energy than she started. She's so pumped about school she just can't wait to get back to her friends and classroom.

It's the weekend and she got up at 4.30am today, and has been bounding around ever since. She's trying to read everything she can and relate everything to what she's learnt at school already, not to mention remember everything that she does on the weekend so her teacher can be told.

I wanted to take some photos of her in her Friday sports uniform, but I forgot in the morning (and I was on my own with the two of them so it was a juggling act) so I thought I'd take some when we got home from the shops Friday night. However... G now has a "before school to do list" and an "after school to do list" and very quickly did all the things on her list so she could play, the first of which is to take her uniform off and put it into the wash.

So instead, here are a couple of photos of her after her first days of school..



(she bounded round the lounge room being a dog to make James laugh... where does she get the energy?)

She looks so tired and worn out doesn't she?
Should have turned the camera on myself for that ;o)

1 comment:

Beth said...

That is a hot, tired little face, it's just that the rest of her runs on batteries that never need re-charging!