Saturday, September 20, 2008

I think I lost my marbles, one by one

I've had a really stressful week.
Most of it due to Georgie, school and kindy, but we won't go there right now.

It was Thursday I really realised I'd lost my marbles when two things happened.
The first thing happened in the day but I only realised retrospectively that I'd dropped more than a handful of marbles, the second happened at 6.55pm Thursday night.

I was heading off to a knitting group I'd found that was only down the road. We'd been to ballet that afternoon and I had soup ready at home for dinner. I only remembered it was knitting that night when I arrived home so rang and asked Dan if he could possibly make it home for me to go. He could and he would leave straight away.

I fed the kids and seemed to leave more mess in the kitchen then I do when I cook a gourmet meal for the family. I also was running about 30mins late to the kids timetable. (Jamie likes dinner and a bath at a certain time.) So Dan turned up and I didn't want to rush, didn't want to be the first one there, but I knew I needed to leave soon. So I grabbed my big knitting project and a little one I was starting and headed out the door. I was taking his car so picked a few things up out of mine, after I'd dropped my knitting projects in his car.

While I was looking in my car I realised I couldn't find my handbag. I often leave my handbag buried in the back of my car, especially if I know I'll be going out in a few hours (don't nag me about this I'm going to do it regardless). It wasn't there. Well I was panicked. I ran inside and searched the usual places there.... nope, nothing. I searched the not usual places. I went to see Rainman to see if she knew where it was (if she tells you she knows where something is you can pretty much count on it being there, and she knows where many things are, strangely), nope she didn't know, but suggested the car. I recruited Dan to look in the car in case I was insane. Nope, not there. By now I believed it had been stolen. I was panicked. I searched again. Nothing.

Then I decided to check in Dan's car... just in case, and well it was the only place left. I can't remember putting it there, but there it was, with my knitting in the driver's seat.
I had truly dropped a big bag of marbles right then and there.

The day time thing, which kind of came back to me at that point was that I didn't think I'd taken any photos of the kids that week, not a single thing to show you, so I started to take some photos of the beautiful ballerina G. I got three on my camera before my 2.0gb card was full. wort??? I turned it on to delete just happily deleting things to shove some photos on (thought I might not have emptied it last time I uploaded) when I realised I was deleting photos I had taken earlier that week (ok on the weekend) but hadn't yet uploaded. I only had a small brain implosion at that point.

I have done other things in the week as I have gotten more and more tired (not to mention eaten a whole stack of food I shouldn't have which has set reactions off just making me more skatty, but hey).

So the upshot of this is I now have gazillions of photos uploaded to my computer but not the stamina or brain power to get them ready for you here. So you'll just have to wait. :o)

In the mean time you can visit my Mum's new blog (yep, Granma is blogging) at www.silvercreekspinner.blogspot.com and see what sort of crafty stuff they're up to down on the farm. :o)

Oh and we're off to the zoo tomorrow (borrowed a gold pass) so expect a lot of photos..... sometime.

No comments: