Monday, February 22, 2010

What do you mean Christmas was two months ago?

Ok, blogging hasn't been my priority (although I have been posting a little on this one).
I certainly have a backlog of photos that I keep meaning to blog.

It's still hot enough to be Christmas and the presents, well most of them are getting a lot of use and not yet broken so I think it's ok to post the photos. :o) If you disagree, just skip this one.

(erm, if you were there and the following is not a faithful account of what happened - give me a break it was nearly two months ago!!!!! :oD)

The kids did their usual Christmas trick, sleeping in a lot later than they normally get up and I really thought this year they'd be up at the crack of dawn.

Here's Gigi finding the cat that Santa left for her (in case you're wondering and I know you probably are, the front of her t-shirt is supposed to look like one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. :o) All the cool girls love the Turtles don't they? Anyway, these are her pyjamas.)

This cat acts like a real one. You walk past it and it meows, you pat it and it purrs. And if we'd known how annoying it would be we would have requested Santa to leave it at the North Pole. In the end it drove G mad (just before its batteries ran out) and I came into the lounge room to find the cat near the door with a zip lock bag over its head - to keep it quiet she said. I haven't put new batteries back in it and we all like it a whole lot more.
What's left of the gifts that Santa left in little piles for them. Santa was very clever and found Thomas the Tank Engine wrapping paper! He even left a personalised note - this was almost better than the actual presents according to some.

I was a bit slow on the taking of these photos, I think there are some missing. :o)
The overfull tree.
One very happy little camper all dressed in her Christmas outfit.
Gee Santa, you didn't have to do much work to find out what James wanted for Christmas!
(We were in BigW buying some Christmas tshirts - these ones play music!, and I asked James which Santa t-shirt he wanted and he replied 'no ho, ho, ho Mumma'. I told him that we were there to buy him and G a Christmas tshirt, did he want this or this? He stamped his foot and said 'NO ho, ho, ho Mumma, want Tonna' - Tonna being his word for Thomas . I did buy one and he wore it twice, under protest.)
Santa brought a little mp3 player (she already had one but it chewed through batteries and was hard for even grown ups to use, the new one is dead simple and recharges from the computer) and he loaded on some songs he thought she might like. Georgia was very impressed with Santa this year - he knew exactly what she'd like!

I think Santa, on the other hand, was relieved that his choice in presents went down so well, especially as there was no wish list.

Much to Daniel's disgust surprise, I managed to get us all Christmas tshirts this year. :o))

And I found this hat for Dad.
More Thomas. Are you surprised?
And look at this haul... that's not even half of what she ended up with!
(erm, how are we going to get all of this home?)
Uncle Tim opening his new computer.
(He's sitting in front of the doll's house, which James has claimed as his - to house all his engines of course.)
Great Granny.
Still opening presents.
Reading a Thomas book. You can't see his pile of Thomas stuff but I'm pretty sure if we piled it on top of itself the pile would be bigger than him.
I put my presents aside to help the kids, so when they were done they just started in on mine.
This involved simply ripping to see if anything in the presents could be something they'd like.
A nice big bag of loot for me! In a new handbag too.
Giant piles of stuff everywhere.
Now to get down to the important job of playing with it all.



No comments: