Friday, December 04, 2009

Deck the Halls

Georgie started asking for the Christmas tree somewhere near the beginning of November.
By the middle of November we'd dragged out the boxes (and cleared out a whole heap of old baby clothes in the process) with all the Christmas decorations in it.

James found the beads.... not quite sure how he learned that you can wear them as a necklace, I don't regularly adorn myself in jewellery, maybe it's an instinct we all have - to put the Christmas beads round your neck.
Like the pose?



G was intent on getting the right stuff in the right place. (And if you're paying attention to the background - yes I still don't have blinds, but they're on order! should be here before Christmas.)James hung things up too. We didn't help with anything but constructing the tree (after spending several shopping trips trying to decide if we'd get a fibre optic one this year)... they pretty much did everything. Actually I did help with the tinsel and the high objects when requested.

Overall this was a fairly good arrangement, however not paying attention meant that at least one of my lovely ornaments bit the dust after I found it with several big chunks out of it.
James has been really good with the tree - he's more intent on making things to hang on it, rather than pulling all the pretty things off. He doesn't even try to take his Christmas train off it! (I know, hard to believe).
It's fun to get ready for Christmas (ok, so Christmas shopping can have its downside if you have no idea what to buy, but if that happens the kids and I just head to the Christmas ornaments and wonder round happy for a while) and if you're not full of Christmas spirit I'll lone you my two who are full to the brim. :o)

PS our street is getting into it this year and we have lots of Christmas lights up outside, this is bring in the traffic - we know this as we're a dead end street and there have been traffic jams!

No comments: