Monday, October 06, 2014

Quite a shock!

It's been so long since I have posted anything to this website that I keep wondering if I should.  The OCD part of me says I should update the website with everything that has happened in the last three years, but that task is so overwhelming that it makes me give up before I start.

Why did I stop in the first place?  hmmm I think I had an overwhelming amount of photos and so stopped for a while to start with.  Then I started a Masters degree and life just became a roller coaster of study and managing the family.  All incidental activities (like blogs and crafting) were cancelled.  Once I stopped it was quite a relief!  But I have to say over the last few years I haven't taken as many photos as I should have.  The important moments, sure, but the incidental ones, not quite so much.  Still I've been there and that's what matters.

Then my camera started to give up on life and it's taken me quite a while to replace it. My iphone (and Facebook) seemed to be a compromise for a while, but now that I have my new camera, it seems like a really poor compromise.

So I thought I'd just try and jump in from now and keep going.  I love my new camera and although I'm a little rusty on some of my photography stuff I'm sure I'll pick it up again.

You'll be very surprised to see how big the kids have become (well not if you've seen them).

(just went and had a flick back at some of the posts, oh my goodness weren't they cute???)

No comments: