(I'm not sure if I've posted these photos before - just going through March photos and posting what's in there.)
Georgia was elected one of the two class representatives on the Student Representative Council (SRC) this year. (I'm not sure how the whole election procedure works, but the kids do get to choose.)
She was chuffed (as was her teacher).
SRC is a big deal at school, they actually do quite a bit and are involved in quite a few things.
Because the school isn't big ideas can be implemented a little easier than in bigger schools. For example the kids decided they'd have different kids of rubbish bins and put their food scraps up on their compost heap to feed their vegie gardens.
They also raise money for a sponsor child.
Dan made a special effort to be at the badge ceremony and Gi was very proud to have us both there.
Dan pinned the badge on while I took lots of photos - here are just a few for you....

That's Alex, the other class rep.
And all the SRC reps + the School Captain and Vice Captain on the right hand end.

(Being on the SRC means I get to make stuff for the Christmas lunch this year and to make sure that for any of the theme days Gi was appropriately dressed as it's important the SRC reps do it properly to show others. Of course. )
Georgia was elected one of the two class representatives on the Student Representative Council (SRC) this year. (I'm not sure how the whole election procedure works, but the kids do get to choose.)
She was chuffed (as was her teacher).
SRC is a big deal at school, they actually do quite a bit and are involved in quite a few things.
Because the school isn't big ideas can be implemented a little easier than in bigger schools. For example the kids decided they'd have different kids of rubbish bins and put their food scraps up on their compost heap to feed their vegie gardens.
They also raise money for a sponsor child.
Dan made a special effort to be at the badge ceremony and Gi was very proud to have us both there.
Dan pinned the badge on while I took lots of photos - here are just a few for you....

That's Alex, the other class rep.

And all the SRC reps + the School Captain and Vice Captain on the right hand end.

(Being on the SRC means I get to make stuff for the Christmas lunch this year and to make sure that for any of the theme days Gi was appropriately dressed as it's important the SRC reps do it properly to show others. Of course. )
No comments:
Post a Comment