Saturday, April 21, 2007

Where have I been?

Ok, so I'm a little behind in keeping up to date with this thing. Too many things on my plate I'm afraid.
I'm 26 weeks pregnant (due at the end of July 07) and really need to be taking things a little easier than I am. We're also trying to clear the back end of the house and move in with the in-laws so we can have our extensions done. They're pulling off the back end of our house (kitchen, laundry and sunroom) to make way for our new family/living area, kitchen, laundry and two new bedrooms and bathrooms upstairs. Can't wait for it to get started, can't wait for it to get finished. And of course the baby will arrive somewhere in the middle of all this chaos. We won't be living in the house while it's done so that's ok.
I haven't had many cravings this pregnancy - all I want to do is knit. Which is quite funny because I have hated knitting all my life. Just can't seem to get enough of it right now. Maybe it's because keeping count of the numbers in my head is a bit like a meditation mantra and stops my thoughts from wondering to anything and everything else.
I'm knitting nappy covers for the baby, and I'm halfway through a scarf and hat set (patternless but I couldn't wait for a pattern) for Georgie. Also I found a pattern to knit her a cute little bunny bear, much like the ones she has now that are made out of polar fleece. I've also joined some fabric co-ops and I'll be making nappies for this little one too. Can't believe how far cloth nappies have progressed since Georgie was born. I'm waiting on some bamboo fleece.
Georgie has turned 3 and it was pretty exciting. I was a bit scared we'd have a tiny tiny party as her birthday was Easter Saturday and a lot of people were away, but we had 7 little guests and a great day.

Some pictures of Georgie's birthday -















No comments: